Sunday, August 17, 2008

Diva Lesson #1

Today I decided to start giving all of you, my dear readers, your first diva lesson. I think I will continue these types of posts from time to time, just to keep you guessing. We'll discuss everything that makes up a gorgeous diva. Here's to you, my divas-in-training. Let's all be awesome together.

Always have on a great pair of shoes.

I don't care if you're working out, lounging around the house or eating out at a fancy restaurant. You must always have on a great pair of shoes. Unless you want to go barefoot, then it's okay not to. Even I go barefoot around the house sometimes.
Shoes every woman must own:

  • a pair of black high heels
  • a pair of ballet flats ( In the picture on the right, there are two pairs of ballet flats. The animal print is a must, in my opinion. What diva can resist animal prints?)
  • sandals (Gladiator styles are especially "in" this summer. When I say sandals, I do not mean flip flops.)
  • a casual and comfortable pair of sneakers
  • a pair of brown high heels
There you have it. A list of shoes that every diva must own. In reality, this list is very basic. I own many more pairs of shoes than just the basics. I believe every diva should aspire to wear fabulous shoes on every occasion.
I have over 35 pairs of shoes. My life's ambition is to get a closet just for my shoes. I also want a pair of Jimmy Choos. (Hey! That rhymes! I'm a poet and I didn't even know it. Ha! I'm on a role here.)
To be a diva is to be fabulous. If I could have 365 pairs of shoes, a different pair for each day of the year, my life would be complete. Just kidding! My life is pretty wonderful and having great shoes is part of that.







2 comments:

CurtissAnn said...

Okay, girl. Keep the lessons coming. I fail on the first one about shoes, but I want to be a Diva anyway. Surely I can make it up some other way.

Big hugs,
CurtissAnn

Anonymous said...

Diva, Girl, you have so many fabulous shoes that yo mama is jealous.