Thursday, October 23, 2008

My Bucket List

Yesterday, in English class, I looked up at the board, and one of our assignments was to write a personal "bucket list", 20 things you want to do before you die. I immediatly started writing because I'm a big fan of lists. It's true. I make myself a "To Do" list everyday because I'm a dingbat, and I forget things... important things. And, still I forget things so I don't know if my To Do lists are effective or not. Anyway, that's beside the point. I've posted my personal "bucket list". I really like it if everyone who read this will send me their own list. I'm just dying to know what you all want to do before you die.

The Diva's Bucket List
1. Go to Ireland. (It's the only place I want to visit in this entire world.)
2. Read a trashy romance novel. (Because I think they're funny. And, those gawdy, underdressed people on the front cover always draw me in.)
3. Vote. (I'm registering the day I turn 18.)
4. Rent a horror movie and watch it all the way through, without muting it. (Okay, I will explain some of this statement in a later post. But, this is a big deal for me because I couldn't even watch "Psycho" all the way to the end.)
5. Collect all the books in the Nancy Drew Series. (I'm a big fan. My mom and I collected them for a while, but for some reason, we stopped. I want to own them all.)
6. Get kissed under the misletoe. (I really don't need to explain this one. I'm a 15 year old girl.)
7. Get my black belt in Tae Kwon Do.
8. Buy a Coach purse. (I'm convinced that when I get a Coach purse, I've truly made it.)
9. See an angel. (I have always wanted to see an angel. They just seem so amazing, don't you think?)
10. Ride a rollercoaster. (They are one of my biggest fears, but I want to try and conquer that.
11. Take a photography class.
12. Take a road trip with some of my best friends.
13. Write a novel.
14. Jog a mile without stopping. (I don't know if I will ever be able to do this, but there's nothing wrong with dreaming!)
15. Go to the beach and build a sand castle.
16. Go mountain climbing. (Oh, I'm afraid of heights.)
17. Own 366 pairs of shoes, one for each day of the year, including leap years.
18. Go on a mission trip.
19. Be on the OU sidelines for a football game.
20. Meet Sam Bradford. (My future husband. Just kidding!)
There you have it. 20 things I want to do before I die.

3 comments:

CurtissAnn said...

I am a great one for making lists, too. One of my favorite lists is of things that I love-- to do, look at, just love. As for a bucket list, being quite a bit older, mines a lot shorter. :) Just a couple of things: reside near my grandchildren, and the the 'after-school grandma'; maybe right another novel; garden; walk more on the beach.

Anonymous said...

Darling Diva, I like your bucket list. It is a total reflection of your wonderful personality. I smile whenever I think of those 366 shoes. Google Imelda Marcos. Love, Mom.

Unknown said...

You will truly have made it when you have a Coach purse you no longer care for and sell it!

Great list.