Saturday, July 19, 2008

A Little Bit About Me

I've decided to start a blog and I'm excited! Watching my mother do various posts on her blog, reddirtramblings.com, has inspired me to create my own.
I'm a high school student in Oklahoma. I live with my parents and my younger brother and sister. I have an older sister who lives with her husband. I am currently jobless, but searching.

As for the rest of my time, I spend it being a member of the yearbook staff at my school. I also participate in the Young Republicans Club and French Club. I hope to become a member of the Key Club this upcoming year.

I'm a Sooner fan. Sorry, Cowboys, I was brought up supporting crimson and creme.
I like to say that I've always been a writer. I think that writing runs through my genes. I have published one poem in Celebrate! Young Poets Speak Out. I hope to publish more of my stories and poems as time goes by. Someday, I hope to become an author. We'll see...
Being an avid reader, I will probably review some books on this blog. Some of my favorite authors are
Curtiss Ann Matlock, Alexander McCall Smith, Betty Neels and Jane Austen. These writers appeal to me, and their work motivates me to continue typing. I don't just limit myself to them, however. I read anything and everything under the sun, even the instructions on the backs of shampoo bottles. Reading books is an addiction I'll probably never give up. Good thing it's not too bad for me.
For my safety and my siblings', I am not going to reveal my name, address, phone number, exact age or where I attend school. I understand that most people in the blogosphere are very pleasant and probably safe, but because of the few weirdos out there, I am going to keep all that information to myself.

I want to speak and be heard. I want people to listen to what I have to say. I want to command attention. I feel the need for expression. This blog will hopefully answer all those wants and needs and entertain you along the way. Here I come, ready to take on the internet, and I hope you'll stop by often. The Diva speaks and she's ecstatic!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Diva, darling, that's a very good first post. I'm so proud of you. The Diva needs to speak!!~~Mom

Anonymous said...

do u write all of that i did not feel like reading it all. cool blog. peace out,NENE

The Diva Speaks said...

Hey, NENE!
Yeah, I wrote all of that! Pretty cool, huh?

Lisa at Greenbow said...

It is nice to meet you Diva. I am one of your Mother's readers. I can see why she is so proud of your writing. You write very good.
I will look forward to reading about your adventures.

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE SO CUTE!!!!!
:) elizabeth

The Diva Speaks said...

Hi Miss Lisa,
it's very nice to meet you too. Thank you so much for the compliments!
~~ The Diva

The Diva Speaks said...

Thanks,
Elizabeth!
~~ The Diva

Anonymous said...

Great first post! I look forward to reading more from you!! Z.

growingagardenindavis said...

Ah...Jane Austin and Alexander McCall Smith...two of my favorites so I'll have to check out your other recommendations!

Anonymous said...

Miss Diva---you are doing a grand job with this blog. The shoes in the header tell us you are going somewhere in life;). I think you are years beyond your actual age. I am very proud to read that you are involved with a government group. I'm counting on your generation to make some sense in this world. My dh works at the local government level and loves it. You can make a difference.

Your book review was professionally written and interesting. Good luck with your blog and I'll be back!

Anonymous said...

Diva, you know who I am don't you?? JK of course you do! I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!!!!I wish I could write like you you! lol You are so good!! I bet they will publish this one day it will turn into a novel!! YAY for crimson and creme!!
LOVE:) Elizabeth